Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hope and Faith and George Costanza

Today is Wednesday 27th of October 2010 and Friday is my birthday and again another year goes by and I feel like George Costanza from Seinfeld. My net worth is actually negative $11800.00 That is I have to earn $11800.00 just to be broke.
A year ago my father had a stroke and I spent months visiting him in hospital and taking back and forth to therapy until he was cleared to do so independently again. My mother has grown so worried about leaving the house that even on a great day like today and a distance really close by she would not make the effort to leave the house to Vote. She hasn't left the house in more than a month and it is not for lack of trying to get her out. My brother's both much younger than me are doing marginally but years better than me with one married and one just avoiding going on strike at a job that he's been at a decade. The last five companies I have worked for over the past two decades have disappeared. There is no contact to prove I spent years with them and in fact in two cases the buildings are gone they operated from.

Now in spite of how depressing my life can seem I endeavor to strive to carry on and look upon or for the bright side of life. What keeps me going forth to climb out of bed each morning? What keeps me from jumping off the bridge over the nearby highway to end it all? What keeps me from swimming out into the middle of Lake Ontario and not come back? The fact is I Hope. Hope things will turn around. Hope someone from one of my old parts of my past life will remember something and say DaveR could be good for this let me see if he is available for this. Hope that some pretty lady I meet somewhere in my travels will overlook my flaws, my predicament, my girth and stick with me like the way the Lord did with Job and this is all just to try my Faith that there is and can be a better tomorrow. That's all I really have in the end is Hope.

Is that all anyone can ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment