Friday, May 15, 2009

Gramp and Carl or gossip?

Well if today isn't the 15 May 2009 then it isn't the 69th anniversary of Nylon being sold.
So what's new in the boring gossip world of the DRAX Project aka David T.G. Riches? Well it seems yesterday after chasing a raccoon literally around the entire building I got talking with neighbour Joanne. She tells me a few things including that Angela the fat chick in 109 routinely goes into the Loblaw to ride the scooter around the place even though she isn't handicapped at all. She tells me that when Ameilia in 107 saw Mark working at the Loblaw she said that was how come my Dad got so much stuff from there as in five fingered discount to which I replied we had receipts for everything and Mark had been there for ten years. She told me no one applied for nomination for tenant elections for our hall and Amelia had said why doesn't my Father go to which me and Joanne agree he's too old, too busy with Cubs, and too busy working. She told me that she fell into a rack of recipe cards at Loblaw when she backed up for another lady. She told me that Amelia says my Father always has money. To which I replied the number of times we scraped by to make rent or grocery would stun her. She told me that her Steven isn't susposed to light up in the house and is suposed to put his butts into a sealed tray on the window even though we had just seen him light up inside sheltered from the wind. She told me she hadn't seen the cat that ate our daffodil bloom. She told me she hadn't seen or heard about the shooting until the day and a half later. She told me she didn't like her Doctor from the clinic up at Renforth because he barely looked at her back and prescribed her the same medication for her back as her leg as if it's hit with arthritis. She told me that she still hasn't seen any Cardinals, Blue Jays, Sand Pipers, Thrushes, Parakeets, or Canaries this season and was jealous I had. I told her about how each of my Grampas sent me an electric razor and died starting in 1970 and she said she became a citizen of Canada in 1970. I showed her picture of Carl Fredrickson of Disney/Pixar's UP and a picture of Grampa Frederick G. Riches and she laughed at how much they looked alike. With that we wound up the evening when I realized I was starting to blow snot bubbles out my nose.
Now from there I went into the house and saw the last hour of Grey's anatomy with Mom and relayed what I had talked with Joanne about and she eventually pannicked and told Mark.
Mark confirmed with me this morning when I dropped him off at work and he was worried because such talk of five fingered deals could get Mark fired. Well Mark is woried about that but he forgets the important stuff. Dad is a Locksmith with that his business is built up on trust. Calling him or anyone close to him a thief or colluding like a thief would ruin him and the business. So this is very serious piece of gossip that I would say let go until you hear it from the horses mouth except Mark and Mom want to act on it now. Now Mom is going to sit down with Dad and give her interpretation of what me and Joanne discussed about what Amelia said when he gets home tonight.
So what's next?
Personally I think I should bake a brown batch of brownies and sneeze in the batch and seve it to the neighbours and see who lives and who dies. I just don't think it would survive the baking process or that I could be so mean or anyone eats brownies. So we should wait and see instead.
Now I have to figureout how I am going to make the rest of this weekend work since next weekend I alread told Mark I am not going to Anime North this year unless paid to. Too much hassle. Besides I like the fireworks this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment