Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mum gets a call

Okay so here it is Wednesday 6 May 2009 anniversary of the Chunnel and the first 4 minute mile. It's also McHappy Day where a portion of all BigMac's sold goes to McDonald's Ronald McDonald House children's charities across Canada. Almost as good as last week where the scoops went to the Canadian FireFighters Federation Nationanal memorial in Ottawa. Moving right along I have hopefully my first HorrorClix game in a long time tonight.
I brokedown and e-mailed Uberman (William Gibson) yesterday morning and received a reply just before 5pm. Oddly it accused me of being too late to play (which is true) except he didn't say how many point or theme or special rules for tonights game. Of course since I tend to type run-on sentences that go for miles he said he said he fell asleep reading it which shows how much he pays attention. Maybe he will remember that tomorrow is Gary Cooper's Birthday and he will place that in a theme. Maybe not.
Mother is fussy now because she got a call that she thought was a telemarketer or scam artist asking about the gas or hydro and the bills. You see when she said she didn't handle it that Pops did they demanded to speak to him then didn't believe her when she said he wasn't home. He wasn't home he was out assisting Max with an auto lock. Anyways Mumsy calls Pops up mid-afternoon and says she'll talk to him when he gets home when he gets home an hour later now 3pm she sat him down and told him about the call she received. Following me so far?
Okay so Mum took down the name and phone number from the call display and gives the info to Dad and tells him to check with the land lord about this and they have no idea. Dad comes back tells Mom of the visit and they sit down and call the number from the call display. It answers Greenwin Management not Marchant &Company Ltd. Dad says sorry wrong number and says he recognized the voice as the lady from the Landlord's office. So with that the speculating ends and the parents just drop the whole idea of WTF was that call all about?
Now normally we wouldn't care so much of a call except that Dad received a call last week to receive a Geo Holidays vacation that was all expense paid. Problem was he had to come into see a presentation on Thursday night. He skipped it for other reasons and they called back on Friday. When they said they were holding the trip for him they didn't say where it was for or how many days and nights just that they expected him to cough up for some port fees. With that we all know that when someone says something is free they mean free and if they ask money up front it's a scam.
Still moving along I surprised Mark this morning with both his packed lunch and a big breakfast of toasted white bread with Kraft Strawberry jam, three slices of crisp Cherry Pink bacon, home-fried hashbrown potatoes, two scrambled eggs with diced tomatoes, red onion, green pepper, smothered in melted cheese, topped with a fresh cold glass of apple juice and the morning papers. Kid still doesn't say thanks for the effort. I even had the Laundry done before noon so he and Dad don't have to worry about it. BTW Dad didn't wait for breakfast and ate at Burger King getting the first of the new Star Trek glasses (Uhura). I love the idea of collectible drink ware and have a complete set of Muppet glasses in the basement from the eighties from MickyD's. I used to have an assortment of Jay Ward (Sherman, Peabody, Rocky The Flying Squirel, Dudley Doright and a Bullwinkle that would disappear at times) glasses that I got with Gramma Botham in the 1970's at the Caroles up by the Thousand Islands Mall in Brockville. The weirdest one was a pair of Harlem Globetrotter glasses that Nanny had that we could never figure where she got them from that didn't survive the trip from North Augusta toToronto.
But I Digress.
Today I decide not to where my Jacket because I realized the two packs of cheese sauce that I got from BK on Saturday that I wanted to save for my brother I forgot in my jacket pocket and crushed last nightwith a battery. Not a pleasant sight or an easy mess to clean. Thankfully it's warm enough that such accouterments will not be needed today unless it rains. Yes part of the decision is out of my hands but it's clean and dry now but the thought of my sticking my hand in that pocket any pulling out batteries covered in cheese sauce is just something I don't want to face thinking about again.
Yesterday I did a condensed running around in a compressed two hours dropped Mark off at work, picked up the free daily papers, did the banking, got the mail from the POBox, got the bulletin from Nativity, got the bulletin from St.James, picked up the Ottawa Citizen & Scottish Banner from Fortinos, got some lollypops for Dad from the Dollarama, picked up milk, bread, buttersticks, margerine, fries, MW pizza, drinkboxes, apple juice, cereal bars, and waffles from the Price Chopper and put it all away at the house in time to take the laundry upstairs. It was a small grocery order that will either need to be repeated in a day or expanded. I have been without Tropicanna Pulp free Orange Juice for a week now since the Price chopper and Fortinos and NoFrills are sold out when I visit. Haven't had the time to check Basics and I know Loblaw and Metro charge about 10% more than the others. So I drink Mark's Roougemont Apple Juice.
What next? Well now it's time to bid adieu while I go to the game so bye for now and speak to you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment