Saturday, May 16, 2009

nag nag nag said Clint in the Gauntlet

So Today is the 16th of May 2009 and this is the anniversary of Jim Henson's death in 1990, and Charles Elmer Hires invents Hires Root Beer way back in 1866, and we have tin introduction of Spaghetti-O's in 1965 by Campbell's Franco -American company. So this is a day when many things that became Western culture icons was introduced.
So this morning I spent a lot of time just sorting through the old files on the computer. Mark had transferred about 400 gigs of notes, videos, and pictures from his upstairs computer to the downstairs without checking what was what and just assuming they were all mine. I now have three post-it notes listing files I have to search or recover for to complete what I have in the gaps.
Some of it is his like the cbr's for Fables he has three issues missing. or the last episode of Law & Order UK. or the photos from the masquerade from last years Anime North convention. Whatever.
Anyways I knew I had to rush it a little since I wanted to get the groceries for the weekend and I wanted to checkout a few other places. Places like the Lakeshore Festival with Dora The Explorer, Diego, Spongebob Squarepants, Patrick Starfish, and a magician. Well it was geared towards kids. However I also wanted to check Honeydale Mall to see if the bootleg pirates were there and if so what did they have in stock. Turns out this time they stayed raided and are closed with no stock to show for it. I asked one of the other vendors there and he said they'll be lucky to be out to open before the end of Summer. Mark was disappointed to hear that. Places like Centinial Park who were susposed to have a mini-fair going on. Turns out they didn't.
Well I can tell you it is a fine crop of field tomatoes and green peppers on sale at Basics for $0.99 per pound. I can tell you it's a good orice on the Villagio buns at $1.99 at No-Frills but they have new limits on the case of 24X500ml bottles of Real Canadian Water for $1.97. I got to Metro to see the last of the value packed Pork Shoulder Chops at $1.99 per pound be snatch up by some old guy. These were thick cut that Mark and Dad would love them Fried, or Baked for days. I am talking about the Pork Chops being fried or baked not Mark and Dad. Then there was the page in the Etobicoke Guardian for Galati to get a free reusable shopping bag. Mom's reaction was that's a colourful reusable shopping bag. But the quick deal for the three day was the drink boxes or the bread at the SDM (Shoppers Drug Mart) where you could get two loaves of bread for $3 or the DelMonte drink pouches of 100% real juice for $1.67 per 10 pack.
So that was my morning. I told Dad to switch the laundry while I was gone and he switched it when I dropped off the groceries. I told him to plant his vines in the yard while I was gone and they are still sitting in the window sill right this instant. So when I get home at 730 or 8pm I will plant it and take the laundry up from the basement because I know they won't unless I nag them to do it. In the mean time I will think what would be the best order for a three day Clint Eastwood Marathon film fest. Have a good weekend.
c'ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment