Friday, May 22, 2009

riding around migh as well run...

Okay today is the 22 May 2009 and the anniversary of the final appearance of Johnny Carson on the Tonight Show. It's also Doors Open Weekend, Anime North, Carasauga, dozens of community plant or Garage or Rumage or Yard sales, Worldwide D & D Day, Save Local TV open houses at CTV & A Channel Stations, and the Grand Opening of a new Hot Oven Bakery at Royal York on Bloor Street. Not to mention that Sunday is free hamburger day at Harvey's Restaurants and Monday is Columbus Day. Yesterday the actual date of Christopher Columbus birth was also Tim Horton's Free Ice Coffe Day. I got mine. The second one sucked.

Okay yesterday started early as usual with Mum having Dad take her down to St. Joeseph's Hospital for a few scan tests. He took the Plymouth so he could get her there easier. I took Dad's Ford to get Mark to work because the tyke didn't want to walk. Anyways Mum was running late so Dad dropped her off at emergency and parked it and then instead of waiting for her at Emergency like she asked he tried to find her in the hospital and he waited and waited and waited. In the wrong waiting area. So when Mum got out of her scans and test and she went looking for Dad and couldn't find him and he had his phone turned off because it's in a hospital and he wasn't by the Emergency like she told him to be so after an hours wait she called me as I was about to leave for the day on my own. So being the dutiful available son that I am not actually on the job site like the other two were I called in and took Dad's van an Econoline E150 with extra springs added to make the tank operate like a 250 along the highway over to Jamieson up to King St along to Ronscellvilles over to Queensway and following an ambulance up to the Emergency of St. Joseph's Hospital. Where I was told to quickly move it or I would get a ticket. Specifically the female ambulance driver said "Move it the Hell Out of Here or we'll tow it!" So I pulled out and circled around again. And I circled around a third time finally with Mum out front so I could pick her up. We tried to call Dad again to get a recording. We took the long way back home along the Queensway where we saw some of the sights and past the Ikea and Repo Depo and I took her to the Weston Bakeries Warehouse Outlet. She tired herself out at the place and indulged in some cakes, turnovers, and buns all at ridiculously low prices. Well after there we went over to the Timmie's on the Queensway to get the free Ice Coffee which she slowly sipped on the rest of the way home. We asked for three saying Pops was asleep in the back and they eventually believed us. Pops on the other hand picked up one at the Timmies on the West Mall. He thought it was watered down coffee flavoured milk. Mum let the other one melt so much that when she went to drink it 3 hours after we got home she said drink it or dump it but she didn't want it anymore. Dad beat us home but he took the highway and did not spend anytime at a Bread outlet. Mum was freaking peeved at him but she was also too tired from the journey to say too much. After a few hours of her fuming we let things drop. So I finally got back home after a few other things about 435pm only to be told I had to pick Mark up from work and chaueffer him around. Five minutes later and I get a call from Paul saying can he go with me to the CTV Open House on Saturday. So with Mum's edging I say Okay. Yeah more gas bills.
Well with that I picked up Mark at 5 at Loblaw and we went to Cloverdale to pick up his Tax Forms, then Metro for some snacks for his game at Anime North, and Rob's at Excalibur Comics for the weeklys, then up to the Doubletree Hotel to preregister for Anime North, then the Toronto Congress Centre to scope out the events, then home for dinner. Well his dinner at least. I fried him up a little Steakum with thin slices of Polish Kolbasa sausage, fried onions, two slices of tomatoe, and lettuce on a seasame bun topped with a gherkin pickle and a bottle of Dad's Old Time Rootbeer. Of course he gets a side salad with cheese and croutons to help with the roughage but still he demanded I make him his dinner. When did I become either his manservant or his wife? Even his mother refused to make him dinner.
Oh BTW Mum is fine we will find out the results of the testing at the doctors next month. Well she will I don't really wnat to know the details.
So what's next? Well today I took Mark to work, shifted the bags for packing for Anime North, made him Breakfast and Lunch, picked him up from work, took him home, shifted the rest of his bags to the van, took him to the hotel, shifted the bags to his room, took 80 pictures of his room at the hotel, and went home to rest. After that we had me finish this post and moved on.
My brain has been ver eratic today and I have had problems with longterm concentration. In one case I went to make a glass of chocolate milk and tried to do it with a fork not the traditional spoon. In another case I was doing sums and I forgot to carry a 3 ruining the results. I think I can't think because of the anticipation involved. Good night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment